Google+

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Last Looks at our June Kit

Today we will take a look at our June kit one last time before moving on to July.  I will let Keren and Erin show you the unique way they have used the kit.

"Natural Beauty" by Keren Tamir

I really wanted to bring out the purple tones from the kit for this layout. I looks as if the paper is peeling off the wall. I really like that effect and how the photo frame is hanging off the peeled paper. I used all the purple embellishments in this kit and I colored some other ones with purple chalkboard ink from Tattered Angels. The Blue Fern chipboard is one of my favorites!! I just love the effect.


"I Love You" Wall Hanging by Keren Tamir

 I really wanted to create a project with the Prima wood icons box. First I primed it with Gesso and then painted it in shimmery green acrylic paint which matched the Maja papers perfectly. I cut out a picture of each of my kids and popped it in one of the squares. I also used the green toned Maja papers to fill the other squares in the grid. I decorated with flowers, resist canvas figures, mushrooms and used the Shabby Chic Mirror in the center to add a title.


*********************************************************

 "Sip" by Erin Blegen

I love it when papers provide a sheet of cut-outs like Maja Design has done with this collection. I decided to create a collage that spanned my layout just so I could use a bunch of these beautiful cut-out elements. I added in some random stamping, inking, misting, and masking to create this fun page of my daughter delightfully sipping away at her chocolate shake.


"20 Mos" by Erin Blegen

 I've made a promise to myself to get back into the basics of scrapbooking and start doing more documenting! I used to do monthly pages for each of my kids, talking about what they are 
like at that time. But I've gotten away from that and so decided to record a little bit 
about my sweet daughter at 20 months.

I decided to use some of the pretty strips from the bottom of the papers that I normally tend 
to throw away. I've used them at the top of my layout, as well as to make the banner 
that runs vertically behind my photo. When papers such as these provide such lovely 
(yet generally disposed of) details- why not use them?


Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see if 
YOU are the winner of our Bits & Pieces Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Wish you all a nice week
    Magda

    ReplyDelete