Google+

Monday, December 19, 2011

Butterfly by Valerie Serfozo




Some notes from Valerie:

This is my 4 year old niece, Makenzie. My husband took this photo in October of this year. We were visiting her and she wanted to show us her Halloween costume. After that, she proceeded to model just about every costume she owns, including this butterfly costume. I love the way she is looking at me, off to the side, instead of the camera. It's one of those photos that allowed me to pull in all the colors of her butterfly wings. So that the background would not compete with the photo and embellishments, I added some Picket Fence Distress Stain. I then sprayed some blue Starburst spray, which reacted with the distress stain, and tinted the background. On top of that I stamped using a piece of bubble wrap and white acrylic paint. The paint also reacted with the spray and took on some of the color. So much better than a stark white wash behind the photo.

Add-Ons Used:
Prima: Resist Canvas: Romantique
7 Dots Studio: Dreamer: Stickers
Prima: Parfait Collection: Peach
Wild Orchid: Cherry Blossoms - SOLD OUT
KaiserCraft: Stickers: Sea Breeze Alpha

1 comment:

  1. Love how the background works so well with the photo. More resist canvas, love the look.

    ReplyDelete